DATE : Saturday 25 January 2020
TIME : Start 06:00 for Runners and Walkers
CUT OFF: 11:00
VENUE : Start and Finish at VOLKSRUST HIGH SCHOOL
ROUTE : Out and back, undulating course, tarred road, water points every 2km, 42.2km race will include 5km gravel road
Comrades Qualifier.Walkers welcome, as long as they finish at 11:00.
All finishers receive a medal.
Prize giving and lucky draw prizes at 11:00.
RunnersGold Medals to first 5 men and ladies in each race.
Silver medals to positions 6-15 and bronze medals to all finishers within 5 hour cut-off.
Prize money to the first 3 male and female finishers.
No category prizes.
Refreshments:School tuck shop will be open
Joubert St, Volksrust, 2470
42.2kmStarting Time : 06h00
Entry Fee : R200.00
32kmStarting Time : 06h00 Entry Fee : R150.00
21.1kmStarting Time : 06h00
Entry Fee : R120.00
10kmStarting Time : 06h00
Entry Fee : R60.00
4km Fun RunStarting Time : 06h00
Entry Fee : R20.00
Temporary Licenses: R40
Grand Masters (60 +) : Free
- Referees Decision is Final
- Obey all traffic officials and race marshalls.
- The race will be run according to the rules of the IAAF and ASA
- No seconding will be allowed
- Ages: Athletes for 10km must be 14 years or older on race day.
- Athletes for 21.1km must be 16 years or older on race day.
- Athletes for 42.2km must be 20 years or older on race day.
- Proof of age (ID) to be produced upon request on race day.
- All athletes will participate at their own risk.
- Registered athletes must wear full club colours.
- 2017/2018 license numbers must be worn on the front and back of the vest.
- Temp license at the front of the vest.
- Remember to fill in the temp license
- Age category ID tags must be worn (front and back) by athletes competing for a category prize
AND the tag must be fixed on all 4 corners
- Walkers must have a fixed W on the vest to qualify for any prizes
- 12% levy of entry fee must be paid over to Athletics Mpumalanga by race organizer
- No Ipods allowed during the race